Friday, January 2, 2009

Lord Hear My Prayers

Most of us will have spent the last few days contemplating what the year 2008 held for us. One of my friends said it was the worst year of her life. And it was for her. She helped her husband battle cancer and a few months ago he passed on. Another friend had a year of ups and downs and she is still experiencing turbulance in her life. I have only felt comfortable telling my two closest friends that last year was the best year I have ever had. It was a year filled with wonderful gifts, several trips, and many new friendships formed. It was also a year of struggles and trying to make sense of the things happening my in life. It was a year of making adjustments to the new phase in my husband's and my life. He retired also and now we have a freedom we never had before, ever. It was a year of changing priorities and changing routines and habits. The bottom line is I have been truly blessed by God and I am so thankful! And I know my spiritual journey is the best journey ever!

Most days I am truly happy. Many times I want to shout from the rooftops, "Life is wonderful! God is magnificent and loving!" But the words choke in my throat. How can I tell the people around me who are struggling, hurt, and beaten that I have been so fortunate? And yet these are probably the ones that most need to hear me saying those words. And so I pray that I will be given the words to use in order to be helpful to others, to bring them some comfort, and possibly some words of encouragement. I pray that loved ones around me (and strangers in far off places who need my prayers) will come to the stable to see what I see, hear what I hear and know what I know. And I pray that at this time next year I will be able to look back at 2009, smile, and know that my prayers were answered. I hope that all will know His peace, His love and His joy.

No comments: